Friday, July 24, 2015

The house sitters have arrived!

Margo and Robert arrived yesterday, a bit earlier than we expected, but that's for the better because they are lovely people so the extra time to get acquainted has been great.

True to our style, (cramming 10 pounds of stuff into a 5 pound sack), we also had the new neighbors over for cocktails. The dogs, the neighbors and the house-sitters all got familiar and everyone was very well behaved... even the dogs.

I'm afraid we went on about our city and our neighborhood, so much so that I started to wonder why we would ever want to leave it for vacation! Denver is a great city, but I know there's better gelato in Italy, and there's probably some other neat stuff. We went to dinner at the Rio on Blake and even though it was a bit on the late side, the place was lively and packed and the food was good.

I'm working today, struggling not to go into full vacation mode prematurely. It seems the universe has conspired to make me earn every minute of this vacation in the week leading up to it. There is still a lot of preparation to do, like packing, and I'm missing a few articles of clothing, like pants, shoes and socks. I hear they wear pants in Europe.

1 comment:

  1. And in true Oss form, we will get it ALL done! As Ivan winds down his work week, I wound up my first non-work week with 7 different medical/vet/violin appointments, some professionally-related interest meetings and volleyball with Izzy in the park. This week has been a great transition for me...and now...for packing!

    ReplyDelete